We pride ourselves on maintaining a safe and secure center for children and families. TVCDC is a state licensed large child care facility which means we receive annual inspections from the State of Colorado, the Eagle County Health Department and Fire Department. We are also a Colorado Shines quality rated program. This rating holds us to an even higher quality of standards than those set forth by the State. We maintain a secure facility by keeping all doors locked at all times while parents and staff have security pins to gain access. All visitors are welcomed and accompanied by the director at all times.
Health and Safety FAQs
According to Colorado State Licensing, if a child displays the following symptoms, they MUST be kept at home.
- Fever over 100.5
- Diarrhea (more than one)
- Nasal drainage that is thick, yellow or green and accompanied by a fever
- Sore throat with fever or throat spots
- Cough accompanied by fever
- Coughing up of green or yellow mucous
- Eye drainage of any type
- Unusual rashes
We cannot allow a child to attend school with any of the symptoms listed above unless they have been seen by a physician to rule out infection and we have received written permission from the physician for the child to return to school.
The child may return to school after illness when:
- Fever has been broken for 24 hours (without aid of fever reducing medicine)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea has subsided for 24 hours
- At least 3 doses of antibiotic have been given over a 24-hour period for any type of strep or bacterial infection